Re: [Gimp-user] G'MIC compatibility / Re: Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Casey Connor <gimp-user-list caseyconnor org
wrote:

my way again. I have installed 2.9.5 now and have run into g'mic problems
with
gmic-gimp.exe causing an error on startup. I have removed gmic completely
and
reinstalled it, but there must be an old reference floating about
somewhere as I
can still not use it. Will do a complete reinstall of 2.9.5 and g'mic
today
after a registry cleanout and see if that makes a difference.

I take it you are on Windows... I'm on Linux, but for whatever it's worth
the only current 2.9.5 linux version of GIMP that I found that works with
G'MIC is the http://pixls.us/files AppImage (AFAIK there are only
AppImages for linux). The current otto-kesselgulasch GIMP version does not
seem to work with GMIC. Thorsten S. was looking in to it, last I heard, and
said that it was going to be non-trivial to fix. (Any update, Thorsten?)

The general picture I get is that things are in flux and maintaining
G'MIC/GIMP compatibility is not easy as things evolve. Even the pixls.us
AppImage only works for one invocation of G'MIC when dealing with large
images. (My bug report is here <https://github.com/dtschump/g
mic-community/issues/76>.)

I don't know if this info is useful or at all related, but thought I'd
mention it.

-c

I don't know if my last response went through or not. But here it is again
to the OP.

Sorry for the trouble you are having. Typically this has to do with all
kinds of DLLs dumped in your personal folders by plugins.

In any case, I don't know why you are reinstalling G'MIC since it come
pre-installed with my builds. My G'MIC builds are the latest based on my
release date. I even mention this on my website.

Well, let me know if you have trouble or good luck with your installation.