Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 5:50 PM, mgroothuis <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Can you tell me what problems you've had? Did you reach out to me with
your
issues?
No I did not contact you because I was sure it was my system setup that
caused
the hassle. I could never use your installs without having to rego all the
settings again. With the gimp.org installs it was simply one click and I
was on
my way again. I have installed 2.9.5 now and have run into g'mic problems
with
gmic-gimp.exe causing an error on startup. I have removed gmic completely
and
reinstalled it, but there must be an old reference floating about
somewhere as I
can still not use it. Will do a complete reinstall of 2.9.5 and g'mic today
after a registry cleanout and see if that makes a difference. (I had
installed
the gtk version which worked once,then decided to try the QTversion and
that is
where the problem began). At least I have been able to install a version >
than
2.9.2. I still have 2.8.20 as well, perhaps that is causing a problem?

Sorry for the trouble you are having. Typically this has to do with all
kinds of DLLs dumped in your personal folders by plugins.

In any case, I don't know why you are reinstalling G'MIC since it come
pre-installed with my builds. My G'MIC builds are the latest based on my
release date. I even mention this on my website.

Well, let me know if you have trouble or good luck with your installation.