[Gimp-user] Who Owns Images Created Using Gimp Tool

Hi,

I've viewed some the tutorials for the Gimp tool, covering various features.
They are straightforward, easy to understand and very accessible. I believe
it is the best tool to use when creating my own
characters/pictures/illustrations for my upcoming books.

This may sound unnecessary, but...could you please confirm that I am the
owner of the images I have created using this tool and can incorporate them
into my own books which I will be selling commercially. In reading the
License Agreement, I wasn't sure I could use my own creations commercially.
"Legaleze" isn't really my forte.

Thanks so much, I appreciate any clarifications you can provide.

Carol

---