[Gimp-user] Displace filter question

I posted a similar question before but I think I gave too much detail
and it wasnt clear. When I choose displace under map not all the
layers show up. The one under Generic is no longer there, even if I
download the previous version instead of 2.8.20. If I do a search for
*generic in Gimp2 under Programs I get a small list of files, but I
dont know how to copy them here. However, there is one that just says
Image file, 2 under share/gimp/2.0/dynamic/basic, and several in
python. Not sure if that helps. Sorry, I can use almost any program
with some instruction, and I can generally follow directions, but I
dont know anything about programming or writing code. Thanks for your
help. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know or that I
need to look for.

I suspect nobody understands the question. All a bit of a guess from your
description.

1. The only default filters in Filters -> Generic are Convolution Matrix, Dilate
and Erode. Anything else you install yourself.

2. Filters -> Map -> Displace uses maximum 3 layers/images. The displacement
maps can be layers or another image. You need to open those in the dialogue
yourself. You can have the same map for both X and Y

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/cInTD6K.jpg

3. If you had a displace filter in Filters -> Generic, It was possibly the old
MathMap plugin.

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/3Huh4hx.jpg

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--