Re: [Gimp-user] how to change image resolution without effecting scale within the image itself using gimp as in retaining the roundness of the moon

​I​
f you scale your original 200%, you'll end up with a 2048x1536 image.
​Use the crop tool and manually enter a crop box of 1920x1020. Move the
crop around to get the best view. You can see that you'll loose a bit of
vertical image (1436 less 1080), but almost all of the horizontal image
(2048 less 1920). Alternatively, set the scale height to exactly 1920 and
you just have to move the crop box up or down to the best "view" before you
crop it.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

Guy Stalnaker