[Gimp-user] how to change image resolution without effecting scale within the image itself using gimp as in retaining the roundness of the moon

I have an image I downloaded from the Internet that has an image size of 1024 x
768. I would like to use this image as a desktop background at a resolution of
1920 x 1080.

This is a Halloween image, and has a moon within the image. When scaling the
image from 1024 x 768 to 1920 x 1080, the moon becomes stretched and no longer
appears circular.

Is there a way to increase the image size and alter the resolution without
effecting the image content scale (the moon retaining a perfect circular shape)?

--
fenpeppertree (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)