[Gimp-user] problems with input controllers

I got a wacom pen tablet and was working through setting it up with gimp on Kubuntu. (Wasn't particularly successful, but that's a different thread.)

Now my regular mouse is all misconfigured and I can't seem to fix things. E.g. ctrl-scrolling with the mousewheel to zoom in/out is broken. (Pen tablet is currently unplugged and system rebooted.)

If I wipe the profile dir, everything works again, but it seems like there are bugs that should be fixed here, so I'll report what's happening in case anyone has thoughts on how to fix it or what I may be doing wrong.

Most times (but not all) when I pull up preferences, the mouse clicks are ignored in that window. I have to use the keyboard to get the to Input Controllers configuration pane, and maybe 50% of the time the mouse will then work in that window. As I said, sometimes it all works fine.

With a fresh profile, I see "Main Mouse Wheel" and "Main Keyboard" on the right, and "Mouse Wheel" and "Keyboard" on the left (as an aside, I have no idea what the distinction between those two sets is supposed to be.) I can't find in any of the configurations where ctrl-scroll-up-on-the-mouse is associated with zooming in, but apparently it happens somewhere, because it works with this default profile.

With my regular profile, I see "Mouse Wheel" on both the "Available" and the "Active" list, which seems odd. "Keyboard" is in the available list, and "Main Keyboard" is in the active list. But no amount of configuration seems to matter. If I remove stuff from the "active" list, or configure it however, I can never zoom in with the mouse scroll wheel. Not to mention the intermittent inability to click in the preferences window.

Any ideas? Thanks!

This is 2.9.5, commit 86e101e, on Kubuntu linux.

-Casey