Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 8:13 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] When black and white is not black and white

Some very interesting responses here, thank you :-)

This would be interesting material for students wanting an extra study at a more advanced level beyond level 1 NCEA; simply creating a poster or brochure with
"good" design principles (contrast, alignment, repetition, proximity etc).

It would make a good topic for Level 3, having a student analyse the different hex levels of the grayscale conversion methods and to try and reverse engineer
the algorithms which may have been used.

I'm attaching a gimp image in color which "detects" which method is used when
turning it to grayscale. (Could be used to demonstrate to students that
grayscale conversion is not always the same). I was entertaining spending more time with the image, perhaps making a version where there is blue snow that make the writing invisible until grayscale is applied. (Just a bit busy with marking
and lesson planning at the moment)

But thank you for your replies - great information.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/603/original/TEST_you_have_used_01.xcf

--
Lancer (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)