Re: [Gimp-user] Color Fonts`

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:36 PM, Samuel Martin <tdrsam hotmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I've recently become aware of color fonts like these<
https://designshack.net/articles/typography/color-fonts-a-beginners-guide/
.

Are they supported in GIMP, and if not will they be?

I can see how those could get real ugly real fast!

GIMP as I know it cannot render these fonts as expected.

Probably support for this belongs to Inkscape.  That being said by someone
who is just guessing.  I am pretty sure that GIMP does not work with SVG as
fonts.

More than this, I saw a very beautiful web page made with GTM (GIMP Table
Magic) so long ago.  Some of those font renderings really reminded me of
this.

carol