[Gimp-user] Change the UI size?

Hi,
I head the same problem on my Surface Book (3200 x 2000).
Following these steps helped me:

From: https://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Tell windows to prefer an external manifest file

As always, make sure you backup your registry (in regedit, go on file > export >
select all > and save the backupfile) and tread lightly in this area. We are
just going to add one line.

1. Press  Windows Button + R, type “regedit”, and then click OK.
2. Navigate to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion
 SideBySide
3. Right-click, select NEW > DWORD (32 bit) Value
4. Type PreferExternalManifest, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click PreferExternalManifest, and then click Modify.
6. Enter Value Data 1 and select Decimal.
7. Click OK. Exit Registry Editor.

If on your windows the name extensions are not displayed do following steps (for
windows 10):

1. In the Explorer click on View
2. Select the checkbox for "Fileextensions"

Then use the attached file or create by yourself: Therefor create a Textfile in
the Folder where gimp is installed, named: gimp-2.8.exe.manifest. (Maybe you
need Administrator rights, so create the File on your desktop and copy it to the
folder after it)

Put following text into that file and save it.

-----------------------

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"
xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">

<dependency>
  <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity
      type="win32"
      name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
      version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="*"
      publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
      language="*">
    </assemblyIdentity>
  </dependentAssembly>
</dependency>

<dependency>
  <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity
      type="win32"
      name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
      version="9.0.21022.8"
      processorArchitecture="amd64"
      publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b">
    </assemblyIdentity>
  </dependentAssembly>
</dependency>

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
  <security>
    <requestedPrivileges>
      <requestedExecutionLevel
        level="asInvoker"
        uiAccess="false"/>
    </requestedPrivileges>
  </security>
</trustInfo>

<asmv3:application>
<asmv3:windowsSettings
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings";>
<ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware
xmlns:ms_windowsSettings="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings";>false</ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware>
  </asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>

</assembly>
-----------------------

Now you should be able to start Gimp with normal scaling.

Hope it helps,

Aamer.

Hi,

I have just dowloaded Gimp 2.8.16 and installed it on my Windows 10 -
64 bit PC. However, the user interface with all the icons and texts
are too small for me and it is very hard to read what is on the
screen. My monitor size is 3440 X 1440. Of course I can change the
size of everything on the screen by using the Display settings in
Windows 10 and set the slider to, say, 150%. But then ALL applications
and windows on the screen get bigger, even if I do not want them to.

Is there a way to customize the size of textlabels, toobars, icons etc
in the user interface of GIMP?

Thanks!

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/631/original/gimp-2.8.exe.manifest