[Gimp-user] GIMP User's Manual generates an error

Howdy,
I just installed GIMP 2.8.22 for macOS 10.12.5 (Sierra). GIMP appears to be
working fine except when I select a Users Manual Help topic (which evidently is
browser based??).
The error that is returned is:

The requested URL /2.8/en_US/gimp-concepts-main-windows.html was not found on
this server.

NOTE: this is generated when attempting to use the USER'S MANUAL that is listed
in the Help drop-down, not the GIMP Online under the same Help drop-down.

I then piddled around on the internet looking for the manual and found the
manual installer package and according to the procedure, the contents of the
package were successfully installed. Alas, something in not working right,
because after installation I still get the above error message.

The GIMP Online help does work fine.

That being said, I do not know if one of these help methods is better than the
other seeing as they both, apparently, require the use of Safari. But I would
like to see that both work when one selects a particular GIMP help path.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/630/original/Screen_Shot_2017-07-15_at_16.01.37.png

--
trav (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)