[Gimp-user] Buy Full Version?

While I appreciate your answer and the information, I don't think it was
necessary to say "There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the User.". I am new
to Gimp and I had a question. There is no need to talk down to me.

Thank you.

There is no **full** version of Gimp, regardless of operating system,
Gimp is free-open-source-software (FOSS)

Providing you get your Gimp installer from www.gimp.org the version of
Gimp you have will be the most recent.

If you have anything called GimpShop or similar, **dump it** straight
away, it contains dubious 'advertising extras' and install the
official version from www.gimp.org

Back to the question. The reason for some menu entries grayed out

You do not have an image open

The active image is in indexed or grayscale color mode - change to RGB
use Image -> Mode

The action requires transparency - an alpha channel. use Layers ->
Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel.

There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the User.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
mistiaya (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)