Re: [Gimp-user] Transparent background on flattened images?

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 5:26 AM, recoveringartist <forums gimpusers com>
wrote:

Hi, I've been making use of this forum the past few months as I learn
GIMP, but
this is my first time posting.

I'm working with GIMP 2.8.16.

My question:  Is there a straightforward way to get a transparent
background on
a flattened image?

The word "Flatten", when used in GIMP gui, literally means "to reduce to
one layer and remove all transparency".

Of the many way to achieve what you described, flattening is not one of
them.

carol