[Gimp-user] 3' x 6' Sign - Word to GIMP

Hi, Rich,

Just wanted to say thank you again for your all of your assistance.

Just a quick question:  I noticed that the CMYK file is a fairly small compared
with the PNG file.

I zoomed the CMYK file to 1000% (as much as the viewer would let me) just to see
what it would look like (pixelation, etc).

Suprisingly, the text doesn't show much pixelation, if any.  The little gold
accent symbols do show some distortion.

I'm just wondering if exporting the CMYK file to a larger output would make the
gold accent symbols clearer.

Thanks again for all of your help!  Truly appreciated!

G.

back again... Looking at the printing company PDF the colour mode is
CMYK (cyan-magenta-yellow-black). Not uncommon for a printing co.

They might want your image in that format. Gimp as well as a bitmap
editor, only works in RGB (red-blue-green) mode. Your PDF is also RGB.
A png image is limited to RGB so that is out, usually a tif or PDF is
ok.  There are plugins / applications / web sites for conversions,
some methods not so easy for a beginner.

This is your PDF converted to CMYK using ghostscript and a cmyk
colorprofile.

attached. Might be ok.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--