Re: [Gimp-user] Novice seeks advice for building mockup using GIMP

The graphic of a button, in itself, doesn't "do" anything on a web page.
You have to create the graphic, import it into the web page, and then
format it to do what you want. The specifics of how to format it are
going to vary depending on how you are building your site (writing the
code directly, using a web page creator, or something like joomla! or
wordpress).