Re: [Gimp-user] Lost My User Profile

GimUsr999 wrote:
Are the files in your recycle bin? Maybe you could restore them from
there?

No, there was nothing in recycle that I could see relating to gimp.  (I also
looked at all the HIDDEN files that no longer had their addresses, after being
deleted.)  Also, if they were available, it seems that the system restore would
have used them.  The restore point was created just before installing gimpshop.

Windows' System Restore only restores things like device drivers and system configuration, not user application configurations. It provides some chance of recovering if the system fails to boot properly after updating Windows or device drivers, not a complete backup of your data.

You'll need to restore the .gimp-2.8 directory in your user profile folder from a previous backup (probably one from before installing gimpshop).

--
Mark.