[Gimp-user] Don't change the logo (was: Re: Brush painting in wrong colour?)

Umm, I don't want to be the buzz-kill here but perhaps you *shouldn't* be trying to change the Pinterest logo?

From the Pinterest branding guidelines web page,
https://business.pinterest.com/en/brand-guidelines :

"Our badge
Our badge is a red circle and white scripted P outlined in white. Use the EPS and high resolution PNGs provided below. Do not alter them and keep them free of filters and effects."

Most corporate logos are not open to change, or if so, the changes are specified in the brand guidelines.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Meg
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2017 10:14 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Brush painting in wrong colour?

So, I'm trying to do something fairly straightforward- take a pinterest logo,
and change the colour to match the branding of my website. What I've done is
take the image, create a path, open a new layer and colour in the selection. The problem is that instead of changing the colour to the green I have chosen, it's
changing it to a pink instead. Any ideas why?
I've attached a screenshot to kinda show what I'm talking about.
Thanks!!

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/434/original/wrong_colour.png

--