[Gimp-user] HELP Cannot open raw pictures in Gimp

Hello,
I need help, I just downloaded Gimp 2.8.18 and tried edit a raw image. The image
doesn't load (other than a thumbnail picture). I've also tried to download an
older version (2.8.14) and still the same problem. It won't open Ufraw on its
own when I try to open a raw image and I tried installing it separately then
transferring it to gimp with still no success. Can anyone please help me?!
I have a Nikon D7200 camera, My images are NEF files.
Thank you in advance!

--
Mariposa (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)