Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP access on Mac

A better way (if I remember correctly) is to right click on Gimp.app and select open from the context menu.
You will then get a warning dialogue asking if you want to open the app (or not). Slelect Open to launch app.

---- On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:45:39 +0000 Ross Martinek <triarius12 gmail com> wrote ----

Open "System Preferences,” (Apple menu if you don’t have the icon in your dock.) click on the "Security &
Privacy" icon. In the “General" pane, there should be a lock icon at the bottom. Click on that icon, type in
your administrator password if requested. This will allow you to make changes in the panel. In the “Allow
apps downloaded from:” section, select “Anywhere.” Close the “Preferences" panel, open GIMP. The system now
knows this app is okay to open. Go back into "System Preferences," “General" panel, and change the allowed
apps section back to “Mac App Store and identified developers.”

Ross