[Gimp-user] GIMP access on Mac

I've tried to download GIMP both ways, but have been blocked by this Apple
message: ""GIMP.app can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified
developer.Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App
Store and identified developers."

Contradictorily, I also got this message: “GIMP.app” is on the disk image
“gimp-2.8.20-x86_64.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 8:16 PM
from www.gimp.org."

Two GIMP URL are listed on my Downloads, neither of which will open,
and neither is listed in my applications.

I have Mac Sierra.

Can you please help me? I’ve been using GIMP for years on PC, which I have
abandoned because of serious corruption issues with Windows 10.

--
poemystic (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)