Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:02 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Weird forum and layout

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Elle Stone
<ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:
[...]
Does anyone have any possible explanations for why different people with a
background using PhotoShop have such wildly diverse reactions to the GIMP
and Krita User Interfaces?

version of Photoshop? OS platform?

in addition to user preferences, as you mention.

I'm wondering if people's reactions are linked to GIMP's default
Multi-Window Mode vs Krita's default Single-Window Mode.

in some cases, probably.

I always had PhotoShop configured with the main window as small as possible,
and with a lot of free-floating dockers. So to me GIMP's default
Multi-Window Mode is very comfortable to use (and I don't like Single Window
Mode at all).

Users have a tendency to think the subsection of the UI that they use
most is the app.

--
Joel Rees

I'm imagining I'm a novelist: