Re: [Gimp-user] Weird forum and layout

On 02/11/2017 08:58 AM, Boxman wrote:
Like GIMP itself, I don't understand why the developers would want
to create something so different from what we are familiar with, and have
invested huge amounts of time learning, so that to use GIMP we now have to
relearn everything we  thought we knew.

I used PhotoShop for several years. When I switched to Linux and started using GIMP, to me the GIMP UI seemed "just like PhotoShop".

I've heard people say that the Krita UI seems "just like PhotoShop". Personally I disagree - I do use Krita as well as GIMP, but it was a long rocky road to get used to the Krita interface.

I know a few other people who think the Krita UI is very different from the PhotoShop UI. These same people think the GIMP UI is very similar to the PhotoShop UI.

Does anyone have any possible explanations for why different people with a background using PhotoShop have such wildly diverse reactions to the GIMP and Krita User Interfaces?

I'm wondering if people's reactions are linked to GIMP's default Multi-Window Mode vs Krita's default Single-Window Mode.

I always had PhotoShop configured with the main window as small as possible, and with a lot of free-floating dockers. So to me GIMP's default Multi-Window Mode is very comfortable to use (and I don't like Single Window Mode at all).

Elle