[Gimp-user] is there a way to change default brush spacing?

I'm reviewing Gimp 2.6.4 and this is the first in a long list of
stupid
questions I'll be asking. Since pixmap brushes can't be edited and
their
spacing isn't stored across relaunches, can you edit the default
spacing of
brushes? 25 is waaaaaaaaaaaay too big and I'm getting bad stepping
with my
imported PS brushes.
I just followed some tutorial and it required changing brush spacing.
And I had to play around to find out where it is.  It's not very intuitive in
GIMP.
So I wrote a graphical guide to show you how to change brush spacing in GIMP.
http://bakon.ca/gimplearn/how-to-change-brush-spacing-in-gimp-385

--
tin (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)