[Gimp-user] Saving path not working?

I'm trying to save a path, but the ones I have saved so far are saving
as files only and won't reopen as scalable svgs'. Am I supposed to add
the extension .svg to them when I save them?

Yes, you do need to give the whole filename ie. file.svg (...and that is good
practice for all files that are exported..add the appropriate suffix: jpg, tif,
etc)

Just checking. You are using the paths dialogue menu? as screenshot 1

Opening is similar, use the paths dialogue screenshot 2

but, often a but,

Do not rely on it being on the canvas. The path will position itself in the same
location as the original image. That might be off the canvas. screenshot 3

Move it with the move tool. Make sure the mode of the move tool is correct,
third icon along in the tool options.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/768/original/savesvg.jpg