Re: [Gimp-user] Can't insert text in text box, draws box but insists on 0 pixels or pts.

On 12/17/2017 04:04 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 17 December 2017 15:13:33 Gene Heskett wrote:

Ok, got a text inserted, but the pencil is best described as out of lead,
small circle I can wave around to amuse myself, but pressing the left
mouse button for freehand drawing does not draw anything, anyplace, in
any selected color, size or weight..

I'll try the paintbrush. Nope, paintbrush is out of paint.

Next?

It's possible that you are trying to paint on a part of a layer where
there is nothing to paint on:  The text layer.  So the next thing to try
might be to make a new layer (default is transparent), and have a go at
painting on that.

It will be helpful to get familiar with the manual; here's a good
starting point, identifying all the major menus and etc.:

https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-concepts-main-windows.html

When I set up the GIMP it don't look nothing like that, but some of the
ideas presented in my tutorial - especially with regard to work flow
i.e. saving and exporting files, may be helpful.  Also the links at the
bottom of the page.

http://pilobilus.net/gimp_tutorial.html

:o)