[Gimp-user] Image Rotation Auto Center

I'm looking for a way to set the auto center for rotation to 53, 672
instead of the image center. I have 1200 images to process and
reducing even a few keystrokes makes a big difference. tks, S

If you are able to build GIMP from source you could edit the following lines in
function gimp_rotate_tool_prepare() in gimprotatetool.c/.

Change the lines:
  tr_tool->trans_info[PIVOT_X] = (gdouble) (tr_tool->x1 + tr_tool->x2) / 2.0;
  tr_tool->trans_info[PIVOT_Y] = (gdouble) (tr_tool->y1 + tr_tool->y2) / 2.0;

to read:

  tr_tool->trans_info[PIVOT_X] = (gdouble) 672;
  tr_tool->trans_info[PIVOT_Y] = (gdouble) 53;

(Ideally the rotate tool would remember the last centre of rotation (at least
for the current session of GIMP) and have a button that you could use to reset
the centre of rotation to the centre of the image).

and when you activate the rotate tool the centre of rotation will be set as you
want it.

Alternatively Ofnuts suggestion 2) (or a variant of it) would be your best bet.
How do you determine the angle of rotation?

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)