[Gimp-user] problems with understand how to resize images properly

I may not be able to answer your question, but I can explain a few things that I
am taking on blind faith and its working.

So, start with the Work you want to resize, and create a new  object with the
desired size your trying to get.  then  copy one into the other.

Then the magic piece is to Export to a Jpg, and from word "Insert it as a image"

I am finding that if you let the application think, it over does it.

Hi, I too have an issue understanding how resizing works, especially
with reference to Word.
I wasn't sure if I should post a new thread, but decided this was sort
of pertinent to my issue.
Please let me know if I should create a new post.

Basically, If I have a big image (a signature, black and white, about
1000 pixels wide), then insert into Word, and resize it ( to about a
tenth of it's size) it looks fantastic.
If I take the image, resize it in Gimp (or anything else for that
matter) from 1000 to 100, it looks really bitty and blocky, and
inserting to Word it remains bitty and blocky..

Why is this? Is this to do with the dpi as well? And is there a work
around?

Thanks

--
menglor (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)