[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.9.6 opening RAW with Rawtherapee

I'm running Windows 10 with Gimp 2.9.6 and Rawtherapee 5.2.  I don't
know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get Gimp to open a RAW file
with Rawtherapee.  The release notes and ducumentation says it is now
possibe but I'm stumped.  I tried edit, preferences, image import but
it doesn't show the Rawtherapee plug in nor does it allow me to change
the raw place holder which just displays the error message.  I've been
able to configure Rawtherapee to launch Gimp but I'd rather start with
Gimp and launch rawtherapee.  Any suggestions?

I had to be told that one, apparently it is obvious

The last line here http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/GIMP_Plugin

which says

Usage: Just open a raw file from GIMP. A RawTherapee editor window should open
automatically, which you can use to tweak your raw file. When you close the
window, the image gets imported into GIMP.

That does work, and the maintainer is incorporating an info pop-up into most
recent builds.

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)