[Gimp-user] Point Guides aka guide points aka Anchors

Thank you for the feedback.  In fact the images are all mockups aka doctored
screen shots and not the implementation.  What I have actually got done are the
dialogs and representation code doe the points / anchors via parasites.  I
started researching how to pain them on the canvas independant of any drawable
but got a little stuck there.  So... hopefully next week when I have a nice bock
of time I can unravel those mysteries. I will check out the ideas referenced and
yeah look at 2.10. Thanks again.

Hi,

First of all, it does look interesting, although:

a) I'm not sure I understand 3),
b) and 5) is already implemented in v2.9.x (git master branch, as well
as 2.9.2 through 2.9.6) in a more common way, through the Layers
dialog.

It looks like it could also address the recent request for a
Photoshop-like Count tool that adds similar points to count features
in an image. See
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/counting-objects-image.html
for more details.

It also looks like you either hacked this into the Move tool (and
renamed it) or based in on the Move tool. Which one is it?

Finally, as far as I can tell, your code is based on GIMP 2.8.x code
base. We recently moved canvas interaction code from tools to new
reusable (sub)classes in git master (and 2.9.6), so you'd have to
update your patch accordingly to make it work with upcoming 2.10.
You'd have to look at subclasses of GimpToolWidet or ask mitch
directly on IRC for more hints. And I have a strong suspicion that
updating your code to work with git master would be a hard requirement
for code review, should mitch et al. decide to include this.

Alex

--
Gimp-Monkey (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)