[Gimp-user] c++ "runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

So, last night I tried to print something from Gimp, I get the
"runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". Thank gods it only closed
the Print dialog.

I try to open Gimp today and get  "runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way". So, I uninstall, reinstall, and... You guessed it,
"runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

I don't know if M$ did an update, or is Gimp did not uninstall
*EVERYTHING*

Any insight on this one?

System: Win10 64, 8gb RAM, all, updates and runtimes, up-to-date as of

Re-installing Gimp very rarely solves anything, 9 times out of 10, Gimp is not
the problem.

What does Gimp **not** uninstall (assuming you used the uninstaller via Windows
menu)

Any plug-in / script that installed itself under the main installation folder ie
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\.....

Your Gimp profile that is created when first running Gimp,
C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8

To be absolutely certain of a clean install, delete the first and rename the
profile to say, C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8-bak

Try the last one first, rename the Gimp profile, start Gimp and see if the error
persists.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)