[Gimp-user] Can't drag and drop UI elements

And apparently it works fine only if i use it on my laptop's original
screen (I usually have another screen attached through hdmi)

There was a similar problem earlier

http://www.gimpusers.com/mailmsg.php?88136%40forums.gimpusers.com

Since you already purged Gimp and reinstalled, probably not that.

Almost certainly that 2 monitor setup. Working on your external monitor, you do
not know what is happening on the laptop.

Only suggestion, instead of drag-n-wish use the Add tab option for the dialogue
as screenshot

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/646/original/add-tab.jpg

--