[Gimp-user] How to Blur

Hi,
probably this is FAQ but I couldn't find an answer.

I have a light skirt of a person in foreground in front of a rather dark background. I have created a selection for the background (using GMIC select foreground). This selection is not feathered and clearly separates the foreground from the background.

Now I want to blur the background. Unfortunately I get some 'halo' around the foreground. 'Selective Gaussian Blur' performs better near the boundary of the selection but it blurs
part of the background not enough.

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut