Re: [Gimp-user] White background instead of transparent

On 04/27/17 17:46, stefanped wrote:
I want to make a transparent background, so first I go layer - transparency -
add alpha channel.

I select around my image and then go select - invert selection. Then I delete
the background

I am left with the image I want and the transparent checkerboard background just
like how I've done it for years

When I got the export I export as PNG my image has a white background instead of
a transparent one..

I was having no trouble with this, yesterday it worked just fine, this just
started today so I re installed gimp. Maybe something in my registry is
corrupted.

No need to reinstall. Gimp doesn't use the registry anyway, everything is in your Gimp profile(*).

But still I would ascribe that to user error. Can you show(**) a screenshot of the layers list before you export?

(*) http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/

(**) Put on imgur.com, and post link here