Re: [Gimp-user] File size too large

Is this an on line event calendar or something that will be forwarded to
printers? For material that is going to be displayed on line, anything
much over 72 dpi is overkill. Most monitors display at 72 dpi. If you
have a 2" x 2" image at 72 dpi but convert and upload it to 144 dpi, it
is going to display on screen as 4" x 4". Pump up the dpi further and
you will have an image that you have to use the scroll bars to see in
it's entirety.

If it is for print, contact the printers and ask for their specs. I seem
to recall 150 dpi as the preference when I worked at a printer.

If my logic is off, please educate me.