[Gimp-user] Load File Extension as Default Type (eg. RAW UFRAW)

Is there a way within the gimprc or gimp pluginrc file to load a file extension
(eg. cr, cr2, nef, dng, ...) as a default UFRAW file type?

In other words, I have *.nef files and Gimp enjoys choosing to only open the
*.nef file's thumbnail as a TIFF file, ignoring the remainder of the contents of
the *.nef file, which further includes an embedded JPEG and RAW NEF image file
data.

Some searching the Internet led me to the following:
gimprc: (gap-load-ufraw-nef yes)
NOTE: Only for gimp-gap plugin usage

Also I see within the gimp pluginrc file the ufraw file extensions section, also
listing some additional data types that might be prioritizing the file type
during importing.

The specific procedure for specifying the file type is:
file-ufraw-load
Unfortunately, there are really no examples on the Internet (that I can find)
showing users how to take explicit control of this import process with
specifying the file type by file extensions, except via the O/S level.

--
rogerx (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)