Sent: Monday, April 03, 2017 1:10 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Does GIMP have automated macro / batch processing?

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your quick and informative reply.
I am encouraged to ask: Is there a Script-Fu forum? I found some posts
in Ubuntu:Forum by Google search with the string, "script-fu forum
linux" but they are threads.
Any dedicated forum for Script-Fu?
I have perused your link. It gave me an useful lead.
I then found the link: https://docs.gimp.org/en/index.html , and
reached the following, but did not come across any relevant example:

13. Scripting
   2. Using Script-Fu Scripts
       2.1. Script-Fu?
       2.2. Installing Script-Fus
       2.3. Do's and Don'ts
       2.4. Different Kinds Of Script-Fus
       2.5. Standalone Scripts
       2.6. Image-Dependent Scripts

   3. A Script-Fu Tutorial
       3.1. Getting Acquainted With Scheme
       3.2. Variables And Functions
       3.3. Lists, Lists And More Lists
       3.4. Your First Script-Fu Script
       3.5. Giving Our Script Some Guts
       3.6. Extending The Text Box Script
       3.7. Your script and its working

Could you (or any kind-hearted individual) provide any idea or
feedback about http://gimpchat.com ?

What I need is a script as follows:
I have a book that I have scanned. It has both the left page and the right page.
When the script is run, it will open a copy of the file in a new
window and first select the right page, wait for minor alterations in
selection, when done, will delete the selected area and autocrop the
image to have the left page. Rename the page as "file name"_left.jpg
and close the new file.
Then it will open another copy of the file, select the left page, ait
for minor alterations in selection, when done, will delete the
selected area and autocrop the image to have the right page. Rename
the page as "file name"_right.jpg and close the new file.
Any advice?
Regards