[Gimp-user] BMP Image

Read the docs and you will soon know more than me:  For instance, I
just
went poking around and found out that the GIF format uses LZW
compression.  Just converting to an indexed format would not compress
an
image /nearly/ as much as doing that /then/ squashing it with LZW.

But not knowing that has not prevented me from using the format
successfully, in its proper place (animated dealie-bobs for websites,
ror instance), for a loooong time.  This stuff is actually simple,
from
a practical end-user point of view.

;o)

Ok...gonna try that later on..Thanks....

This is what i was trying to do last night for the 1st time...some instructions
to save the image i was working on:

"The trick with using Gimp, is that when you are finished
 you need to set the skin to BMP
and then select (on the menu bar) "Image/Mode/mode/Indexed"
and then save the file. It will now be in the correct format for the game."

some image for a game......i guess Gimp only saves in 24 bit indexed..wich then
i have to run the file into an application that
reduces it  to 8 bit indexed format so it can be used in the game......

--
Ricardo10 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)