[Gimp-user] Scripting, toggles and accessing the application state

Hello everybody,

I am considering moving from Photoshop to The Gimp entirely. I did bend
Photoshop to my needs and I master perfectly everything I need to master
with this software. I am NOT a beginner in the world of image editing.

Therefore, before starting the long and painful process of learning a new
software, I need to be sure it is worth it.

Question 1) Can I add a layer mask, make it active, add some noise, blur
the thing, get a selection from a previously saved alpha channel and all
that sort of things through scripts. Don't tell me how, I just want to know
if I can do it.

Question 2) Can I access the application state through scripts? I mean is
it possible to know if a layer mask is already added to the active layer or
if the layer palette is visible?

Question 3) As far as I understand it, it is not possible to have toggles
at the moment. Ctrl z twice will cancel 2 actions instead of undoing and
redoing the last action. Am I right?

Cordialement,

John
<http://johnsmithimages.net> <http://johnsmithimages.net>