Re: [Gimp-user] Most current version of GIMP

On 09/24/2016 15:19, Elle Stone wrote:
* FPC Music Ministry <astrydom fpcbentonville org> [09-24-16 05:55]:
In order to ensure I have the latest version of GIMP, should I
uninstall previous versions before downloading and installing the
most recent version?

I currently have 2.8.4 on my computers.

Whether you need to uninstall previous versions probably depends on what
operating system you are running. On Linux your package manager takes
care of making sure there are no file clashes between the old and new
versions.

On Windows, at least for Partha's builds (http://www.partha.com/,
right-hand column notes - Partha has 2.8.14 available for 64-bit
Windows), yes you should uninstall the old version (the portable version
can be run without interfering with previous installations).

If you have a lot of custom settings in your configuration folder, you
might want to make a backup of the config folder. People running GIMP on
Windows would hopefully have more details.

I use Gimp for Windows (currently have Gimp installed on Win 8.1 x64 and
Win 10 x64) and just install over older versions. I've never had an
issue with this method (on any version of Windows I've used The GIMP on).

-----

CONFIDENTIAL: The contents of this email, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.

returning this to you per your posted instructions although i find it
impossible to completely comply as i do not have possession of many of
the
copies.  if this was not your intention, you should post w/o the *stupid*
trailer, or stop using work related product for personal reasons.

Trailers such as the above do seem oddly out of place when posted to an
open mailing list that's duplicated many times over on many servers.

But it's entirely possible that the OP uses GIMP at work and *for* work,
so assumptions to the contrary aren't really warranted.

If someone else already answered the OP's original question, please
excuse my two-cent's worth!

Perhaps, but it's still a ridiculous disclaimer, though.

Elle

--
Sincerely,

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Owner
Boo-LaLa(Enterprises) d.b.a. Trinity Electrical & Handyman Services