Re: [Gimp-user] Erasing to background color

Hello,
This is a new question, not an answer to the original question I asked.

When asking a new question,
1. Open a new mail message (Cmd-N usually)
2. type the Gimp mail list address
3. type the new subject
4. type your question
5. send it.

Do NOT ask your question by replying to another message—this is known as HIJACKING a subject and is not
appreciated. If you’re not answering the original question, you’re HIJACKING the subject.

-=-=-=-

Thank you for this great group!

I have been stumped on a project that I have been working on all weekend.

I am attaching an image that is my inspiration.  It is a McDonald's gift card
with the french friends and a heart in the middle.

I want to recreate this image with a pattern of images and then insert a heart
image.  Then, I assume that I can just somehow delete the heart image and have
that space now be clear to the transparent background of the image?

I know this is possible, but have no clue how to do.  Please help me!  Thank you
so much in advance for your assistance!

Ive started using Gimp editor just yesterday.

I read the on-line manual but cant find the answer to my question.

When I use the eraser to edit an imported pdf file, what remains is
the checkerboard pattern, not the background color as indicated in the
tool pallet.

How do I configure Gimp such that when I erase I see the background
color?

Thanks,
Dave

Gimp 2.8.14p2