Re: [Gimp-user] rotate pasted image

alin33 wrote:
Hello I pasted into a selection an image,so now its floating selection.I want to
rotate not the selection but to rotate the image that I have pasted into the
selection,but not move the selection at all.
What you call in the first sentence a "floating selection" is actually a "floating layer", and can be manipulated using the layer dialogs. In this case, if you make certain the floating layer is the active layer, use the "layer" menu item of the image, and in the "transform menu item" of the layers menu, you will find options to allow you to flip the layer horizontally, vertically, rotate it left or right. This works not only on floating layers, but real ones, as well.

ns