Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 2:28 AM
To: Rick Strong ; GIMP User List
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] How to stop a filter from running

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 17:23 -0400, Rick Strong wrote:
 Too bad the filter
options
dialogue doesn't open automatically beside where you are working.

They do here. Is this under Linux? Which window manager / desktop
environment? The GIMp that came with the distribution? Which version?
Which distribution? Is this Ubuntu with Unity?

Most often when people forget to mention their operating system it's
either Windows or Mac :) but GIMP is developed and tested primarily on
Linux systems.

Also, you could try "single window mode" (from GIMp's Windows menu) and
see if that helps. It may also depend on the specific filter you're
running.

Liam