Re: [Gimp-user] Redesign "move selection"?

On 21/10/16 05:09, Liam R. E. Quin wrote:

A second alternative would be to give the selection tools a
sensitivity threshold -- i.e. you must click and drag the cursor a
minimum # of screen pixels before the tool will start the drag
action.
This might work or might be irritating to people who want to move by
one pixel.

AFAIK this is settable in Windows and Linux (5px in the KDE default settings), together with a minimum click-down delay. I don't know if Gimp uses the system's drag notification or if it cooks its own, but anyway because of this people are used to "shake" before dragging on short distances.
I wish we had on-click, on-drag script hooks so that this choice could
be scripted. Imagine making the default be to move and use
resynthesizer to fill in the missing details!

Me too.  Even more if this doesn't impact the mouse response time :)
Without that, seems to me the current situation isn't bad, and that
there have been fewer complaints this way round, even though I can see
it's not ideal.

The plain click-drag is used fro other things. In ellipse and rectangle selection, this moves the selection mask...