[Gimp-user] Eraser not working

Hello everyone, I've not been using Gimp for long and I only really use it for
creating Facebook headers. I often copy in other images as a layer and then
erase part of the copied image. My problem is after a few times doing this the
eraser stops working and I can't see a way around it. I've deleted and started
again with the layer and close and reopened the file. But once I get to this
point I can't erase anything.

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

--
kickoff3pm (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)