From: John Smith
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2016 3:16 AM
To: Rick Strong
Cc: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Scripting, toggles and accessing the application state

I answer on this thread, the other one (no subject) was another mistake of my part.

So as Jan said we aren't all that fluent in typing.

My personnal reason is that I used Photoshop for 21 years now and I consider that a program should yield to
its users' needs and not the other way round.

For example I need a toggle when working on an image for which I have a sketch. Sometimes I need to show the
layer with the sketch, then hide it then show it then hide it to see what is on the sketch that I lost on the
image I built. Pressing F8 repetitively in very rapid strokes generally do the trick. Don' forget to half
close your eyes as well😁

Cordialement,

John

http://johnsmithimages.net

  Ctrl + Z = Undo
  Ctrl + Y = Redo
  Hold down Ctrl and do a two-finger dance to toggle.

  Rick S.

  Question 3) As far as I understand it, it is not possible to have toggles
  at the moment. Ctrl z twice will cancel 2 actions instead of undoing and
  redoing the last action. Am I right?

  Cordialement,

  John
  <http://johnsmithimages.net> <http://johnsmithimages.net>