Re: [Gimp-user] Resizing

Melinda Ball via gimp-user-list wrote:
I need to take a digital image, resize it to a 2 x 2 inch image to fit into an ornament. What I previously
did in photoshop was to crop it to 2x2 inches, save it, then place it into a 4 x 6 new document, then save it
as a jpeg.
What I would do, after cropping the image to 2 inches square, is to select "Canvas size" in the Image menu. In the dialog menu, in the "Canvas Size" item, I would change the unit from "px" (pixel) to "in" (inches), and set the height and width to the desired values. Below that, in the "offset" section, I would click the "center" button at the far right of the dialog box. The file is now ready to export to any supported file format you desire.

Having written that, it's not clear exactly what types of images you are using, and whether or not scaling is the best tool to use, but if you don't want to change the proportions of the elements in the image, you may want to "resize" rather than "scale" your source file.

ns