[Gimp-user] Any plans to improve TIF support?

Yes, only with tiff files.

Unfortunately, I cannot attach the files; the tiff files are from
automotive, aerospace, and military sources, and I am not able to use
gimp to edit out any branding in the title blocks.  And since I have
an nda with every source, I cannot share the files without at least
removing the cage code, customer branding, etc.

More unfortunately, these industries all use tiff as the sole means of
document storage and transmission, so anyone working in the supply
chain in these industries must be able to have some method of viewing,
marking, and printing files in this format.

I just figured that gimp would have added better support for these
file types, as there is a pretty large number of people needing a good
software solution for this.  Don't get me wrong, it is great for jpgs
and pngs and facebook pictures and touching up pictures from phones,
it really is excellent for that.  But it just doesn't stand up to more
demanding tasks.  Which is fine, I was just wanting to see if it had
gotten better in the past few years.

Ah, well.  Back to kinkos!

Update
Filed a bug report, but was informed that it is different for files that are
50000 pixels or more in width.
Ah, well.

Thanks for the assist anyway.

--