[Gimp-user] Gimp installs fine but fails to start

I've got some 300 fonts, 200 of which are from Windows/Office (I guess) and some
100 from another software package I use. Is that a lot?
Do you mean waiting before booting gimp at all, or giving gimp more time to
complete the startup? The latter doesn't work, as it just crashes out of the
boot sequence.

It's possible you have a lot of fonts and it's still cataloging them.
You
may want to wait a little while for it to start up the first time.

--
dexterwk (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)