[Gimp-user] .DDS exention plugin for Gimp 2.6

Hello,

I am looking for a .dds file extension type plugin for Direct Draw Surface file
types. I am modding a NPC character for a game that only acepts the .dds file
type. I saw that photo shop has it and there is a plug in for Gimp. When I read
the install instructions, it said it had to be Gimp 2.8 or higher. Back when 2.8
came out I just couldnt get the hang of it. Not only am I out of practice, I
couldnt even find simple things like Layers- paths etc..  So If anyone knows
where I can find a .dds plugin that is truly for gimp .2.6 I would so so be
appreciative.

--
Aluviel (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)