Re: [Gimp-user] Cant modify text on layer in XCF file using V2.8.16

That layer doesn't look like a text layer anymore. You won't be able to
modify it, I think.
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 6:24 PM DennisT <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Try clicking the "A" text tool "I" beam in the text itself. The edit
options should open up on the LHS.

Rick

I can't right-click the layer and choose edit (which sounds
wonderfully simple and effective...).

Thanks for your input!

With only the one layer visible, and after selecting the text tool (A),
when I
click on the text within the layer I just get the 4 box tool to enter new
text.
It's not letting me select the existing text.

I am uploading my XCF file to make this easier for more experienced eyes
to see
where I am.

My best,
Dennis